The fourth installment in BizTech's Oracle CRM On Demand Release 19 Readiness Series provides an overview of the client side extensions functionality added for Oracle CRM On Demand.
With Client Side Extensions (CSE), custom Web applets, custom Web tabs and global Web applets will be able to render customer provided content directly from the CRM On Demand servers, rather than requiring customers to provide a location themselves. Customers will be able to upload HTML, JPG, GIF, SWF and CSS files from the CRM On Demand Application Administration pages to build up a CSE. Each uploaded file generates a unique URL that can be referenced by other CSE or custom Web tabs and applets. The file size limit is 20 MB.
A few of the key benefits of Client Side Extensions include:
- Leverage Oracle infrastructure for better performance
- Restrict ability to create or change a CSE
- Manage CSE from anywhere
- Ensure proper CSE referencing
- Maintain/update/edit CSE without need to redeploy
- Leverage existing CRM On Demand architecture and security
- Create more tightly integrated HTML applets/tabs
- Minimize user wait time on page loads
In future releases the road map includes some significant advances in the ability to build custom solutions that integrate seamlessly with CRM On Demand. Some of these include Java support, additional file types, internal/external SSO, scheduling and FTP to name just a few.